25 Things I Want Breastfeeding Moms to Know
August 3, 2015
It is like Wendy read my mind!
1. We’ve all had dayswhen we wanted to give up.
2. There are breastfeeding helpers out there who won’t judge you. Keep looking till you find one who makes you feel safe and supported.
3. Breastfeeding isn’t all or nothing.
4. Breastfeeding looks different for each mom and baby.
5. It’s normal for newborns to never want to be put down. Ever. And it’s normal for them to nurse all the time, sometimes more than once an hour. Really.
6. Almost all moms will make enough milk if they nurse often enough, but for a small number of moms, this isn’t the case. Low milk supply is a real thing, and if you have it, you deserve good, kind, thoughtful help.
7.Tongue tie really can impact breastfeeding. Tongues that are tied down can’t milk the breast properly(leading to low weight gain) and can cause a lot of pain.
View original post 591 more words